The primary objective of the Swym-HubSpot integration is to enable you to capture your customers’ Swym app activity in your HubSpot CRM system and engage them with targeted messaging. Once the integration is enabled for your store, anytime a user engages with the Swym app(s) on your site, that app activity is automatically sent to your HubSpot account. This arms you with customer intelligence at a very granular level and enables you to engage your customers in a personalized fashion with context relevant to them. That engagement can be through direct outreach, or via automated email campaigns you can set up inside HubSpot based on rules that are triggered.
Scope of Integration
The Swym+HubSpot integration provides the following capabilities:
- Track Wishlist actions as part of the user’s activity feed.
- Add new users that engage with the Swym apps to your HubSpot account
- Allow users to opt into your marketing list on your HubSpot account
- Set up automatic email campaigns via HubSpot for Wishlist reminders and Back in Stock and Price Drop alerts (requires the Transactional Email add-on for your HubSpot account)
How It Works
When a user adds an item to their Wishlist (via the Wishlist Plus app) or signs up for a back-in-stock alert (via the Back in Stock Product Alerts app), that activity will be added to your HubSpot CRM as part of that user’s activity feed. The activity entry will include the relevant product attributes as well as a link to the user’s Wishlist where applicable. If the user isn’t present in HubSpot CRM, the integration will create a new user based on the email address as part of the data capture action. Each user’s context gets saved as a custom property that’s attached to their profile and you can configure your user profile view to include that custom property. In addition, the user is given the option to add themselves to your marketing lists while interacting with the app. When they choose to do that, the integration will automatically add them to a pre-configured list on your HubSpot account.
The integration enables you to send a variety of triggered emails via your HubSpot account that you can configure via the Swym Dashboard – Wishlist reminders, Back in Stock and Low Stock alerts and Price Drop notifications. You’ll need to create the email templates for these messages in your HubSpot account and update the app configuration for your store with the appropriate template-id references to ensure that any Swym triggered emails can be routed via HubSpot.
- The Wishlist Plus and/or Back in Stock Product Alerts app(s) are/is installed on your e-commerce store, and on a Pro plan or higher for the app.
- For the “Send Emails via HubSpot” feature, you’ll need the Transactional Emails add-on for your HubSpot account.
- Enable the HubSpot CRM integration for your Swym app(s) from the Integrations section in the Swym Dashboard. The Swym Dashboard can be accessed from your platform admin console by navigating to the Apps section for your store and clicking on the Swym app.
- In addition to the CRM integration, there are a couple of other optional features that you can enable as part of the integration:
- Allow users the option to add themselves to your marketing list.
- Choose to have emails triggered by user activity in the Swym app to be routed via your HubSpot account. Note that this requires the HubSpot Transactional Email add-on.
- Authenticate access to HubSpot via the Dashboard and grant permissions for the app to be able to read and write to your HubSpot account.
- If you’ve selected the “Allow users the option to add themselves to your marketing list” feature for the integration, you’ll need to specify the list-id that users have to be added to. Once the app has connected to your HubSpot account, it will retrieve the set of ListIDs available from HubSpot and you can pick the one you are looking to add to.
- For the CRM integration, you can choose one or more of the following events to be added to the user’s timeline based on your needs:
- User adds an item to their wishlist (Wishlist Plus)
- User removes an item from their wishlist (Wishlist Plus)
- User signs up for a restock alert on an out-of-stock product (Back in Stock Alerts)
- User is sent a restock alert on a product that was just restocked (Back in Stock Alerts)
For each of these triggers, an event is added to the user’s timeline with the relevant product metadata.
- If you’ve chosen to use HubSpot as an email sender, you’ll need to:
- Select the triggers you’d like to send alerts for
- Define the email templates for each of those triggers in your HubSpot account
- Update the integration settings with the appropriate template for each trigger
- Once you’ve finished configuring the settings you are interested in, click Save to update those settings for your store.
Your HubSpot integration should technically be live at this point and you should start seeing events show up on users’ timelines. If there are any other details needed to complete the integration setup (such as missing template details, incorrect template schema, etc.), our support team will validate your integration settings, add those missing settings and enable the integration for you.
Which Swym apps have a HubSpot integration available?
What Swym app plan is the HubSpot integration supported on?
The Swym+HubSpot integration is available on our Pro, Premium and Enterprise plans.
Does the integration also sync my store’s Product data with HubSpot?
Syncing the product data is beyond the scope of the Swym HubSpot integration. The events that are added to the user activity feed include the title and URL of the product and aren’t dependent on the product data residing in HubSpot as such.