Enabling Wishlist Plus Through Your Shopify Site Menu
Swym’s Wishlist Plus app includes a shopping assistant module that can be customized and integrated into your e-commerce site
As a default option, Relay or the Wishlist Plus module allows you to add a floating anchor button that serves as the launch point for the Relay UI module and this button can be placed on the left or right sidebar on your site – you can use the Swym Dashboard to specify this placement.
However, depending on your site theme, or on your site layout, adding a floating button like that might not be ideal. Further, you might want to add a static menu item that helps your users navigate to their wishlist/browse-history module because that is less disruptive to the user experience on your site and yet gives your shoppers a way to . Adding a static menu option to launch the Relay UI in such a scenario is very straightforward and takes just a few simple steps:
Steps: Adding menu item in 2 simple steps
- From Swym’s Wishlist Plus dashboard customization screen
- Select As a menu item for ‘How should the launch point be exposed on your site?’
- Click Save and Publish to save settings
- From Shopify admin console for your store
- Click on the Online Store menu-item in the Sales section of your admin console. A new section called Online Store should open up when you do this
- In the new Online Store section, select the Navigation menu item
- Click on the Edit Menu button for your Main menu – this should contain your current menu definition
- Click on Add menu item to add the menu item for your Relay module and specify the following:
- Name – You want to label this to be consistent with the brand name you selected for Wishlist Plus on your site
- Link – Choose “Web Address”
- And in the text box next to Link, paste the following text: #swym-wishlist
- Click on ‘Save Menu’ and there, done! You should now see a new menu option on your site that allows users to launch the Relay module or the Wishlist Plus module UI by clicking on this menu item.,
Note that you’ll need to Save and Publish your Wishlist Plus settings to make sure the default floating anchor button no longer appears, and the new added menu item becomes the primary access point for the Wishlist Plus module.
If you have any further queries on adding the Wishlist link to the header menu, or would like to make any changes, please email us and we’ll be happy to help.