Personalize your email campaigns based on each shopper's journey
Watch a brief overview video
Enable super-targeted, highly relevant email to drive more sales with the following:
- Automatic wishlist reminder emails
- Back in stock alerts on restocked products
- Price drop and low stock alerts on wishlist items
- Abandoned Cart emails
- Browse abandon emails
Import and incorporate Swym shopping journey data into your Klaviyo Flow workflows. Capture customers’ email addresses via the Swym features by adding opt-in to alert forms.
Scope of Integration
The primary objective of the Swym-Klaviyo integration is to enable you to leverage your Klaviyo account to trigger and send any emails that originate from the Swym app through your Klaviyo account. The Swym apps help engage your customers in personalized fashion for your store by enabling capabilities that are targeted at simplifying their shopping journeys – such as a Wishlist module, or a back-in-stock alerts app or a Shopping Assistant. For each of those apps, the Klaviyo+Swym integration enables you to send contextual emails to customers based on their individual context. There are a couple of ways in which you can leverage this integration for your store:
- Send triggered email via Klaviyo: Define rich templates for the various Swym app emails and let Swym trigger those emails for you based on pre-defined triggers by leveraging the Klaviyo send-mail APIs. This is the simpler approach where you define the templates and the apps will automatically send the emails out.
- Integrate with Klaviyo Flow: Publish user context based on predefined Swym triggers to Klaviyo Flow, and automate your email sequences to engage your customers based on that context. This is a little more involved where the user context/data gets passed to Klaviyo based on pre-defined conditions (such as an Add to Wishlist action) and you can configure the automation sequence inside Klaviyo Flow that uses that data. While this involves additional steps to define those workflows, this integration can help you add significant sophistication to your flows by taking full advantage of the power of Klaviyo Flow by adding various conditions to individualize the messages.
In addition, the integration allows your customers to opt-in to be automatically added to your store’s subscriber lists within Klaviyo with their email address while engaging with the Swym apps.
How It Works
The Swym-Klaviyo integration is pretty straight-forward but given that there are a couple of options to enable it, the steps to enable the integration will depend on whether you choose to leverage Klaviyo Flow for your transactional emails or not. For both the options, there are some common steps such as validating your Klaviyo account and obtaining a verified API key that can be used for the integration. The support team at Swym will help you configure the integration for your app, but a Klaviyo verified API key is needed to complete the configuration steps.
1. Verify Your Klaviyo Account
Email Klaviyo (email@example.com) with your Klaviyo API key to get your account verified. We need this step to be done to configure the Klaviyo integration on our end.
2. Send triggered email via your Klaviyo account
For non-transactional emails (such as a user sharing their Swym wishlist with friends and family), you’ll first set up the email templates for the app emails in your Klaviyo account. The Swym support team can provide the baseline email templates for each of the scenarios that you can then modify to suit your brand requirements. Once the templates are ready, please provide the support team with the appropriate template-ids for each of the scenarios. We will then configure the Swym app to use the appropriate templates to send the email when the user invokes any of those features (such as sharing their Wishlist, or attempts to associate their Wishlist with their email address). For your transactional emails (such as Wishlist reminders and back-in-stock alerts), you can either set up templates and follow the exact same procedure as described above, or leverage Klaviyo Flow to set up your email automation sequence for those scenarios.
3. Integrate with Klaviyo Flow
To help you leverage the power of Klaviyo Flow for your automation sequences, we can configure triggers in the Swym app to send user events to Klaviyo whenever they occur. For instance, if a user adds an item to their Wishlist, an event with the relevant metadata will be triggered on the Klaviyo end. You can define your workflow to then act on this trigger, add other conditions that you see fit (such as a delay action of 24-hours) and a subsequent action to take – such as emailing the user with that Wishlist reminder. For these Klaviyo Flow sequences, you’ll need to incorporate relevant product attributes into the email template you use for the sequence. You can reference the properties from the event metadata in the following format to include in your email template:
4. Add subscribers to your mailing list
Frequently Asked Questions
The Swym-Klaviyo Integration is supported by the apps at this time.
Yes, the Swym Klaviyo integration is only supported on our Premium plan and higher.