Not all shoppers shop the same way
The way they use and interact with your website, even with fairly standard features, can vary quite a bit. To truly maximize website engagement, it is essential that any updates or feature additions to your site be clearly explained. The same is true of swym’s Wishlist Plus feature. Adding a Wishlist feature to your ecommerce site is a must-do, but popularizing that capability and making it easy and intuitive to use will significantly enhance its value.
There are 3 key reasons why shoppers may not use the Wishlist feature:
- They find the login/sign-up process cumbersome or irrelevant
- They do not know how to use it
- They do not know what it does. There is no value suggested toward using the feature
Some Wishlist benefits, combined with simple marketing tactics can easily addresses all three challenges and help drive WIshlist usage:
- Shoppers capture their shopping history across devices without having to log-in or sign-up.
- You can educate shoppers and encourage engagement with the new addition to your site:
- Off Website: Via Social Media using images, GIFs, how-to’s etc to educate shoppers; Send targeted e-mail promoting Wishlist functionality
- On website: Via exit offer pop-ups or welcome messages
- Share a series of images/screenshots that clearly showcase both the ‘how’ and the ‘why’ your shoppers should use the wishlist feature.