Once the Wishlist+ app is installed from the Shopify app store, you will get redirected to the Swym Dashboard so you can finish setting up the module for your site. This is where you specify all the configuration options for your Wishlist+ and publish those settings to enable the module. Once it is published, you can check the following items to verify that the module is configured successfully:
- The launch button for the Wishlist button should be visible on your site at the specified position, unless you chose a Custom option for the button.
- Clicking on the launch button should launch the Wishlist+ UI module
- You should see a red “heart” button (that serves as the Add to Wishlist button) on your Product pages
- Clicking on the red “heart” button on a product should add that product to your wishlist – you should see a notification alert that shows up on the site confirming that the product has been added. You can also launch the Wishlist+ UI to verify that the item now shows up on your wishlist
If you see any issues with any of the above items, please email us about the issue you are seeing so we can investigate and resolve as soon as possible.
This is a great question because doing this well will ensure that your Wishlist is effective in driving improved engagement, and subsequently more conversions. It is important to recognize the purpose that a Wishlist serves your shoppers – and target those shoppers with the right message to help create awareness. Here are some suggestions:
- Choose the branding for your Wishlist+ module to align very closely with your brand – and in a fashion that your shoppers will perceive as fun and engaging. For instance, if you are a fashion brand, you could consider branding it “My Wardrobe”
- Ensure the Wishlist is prominently featured on your site – and when someone accesses your Wishlist+ module for the first time, explain its purpose to them in very simple terms. Thankfully, the Wishlist itself is a fairly familiar concept for most shoppers given how prevalent it is, but the “Welcome” message is an opportunity to highlight the differentiation that you offer via the more comprehensive Swym Wishlist+ module. Where possible, you could also send them a “Welcome” email once they start using the feature and highlight the key aspects there as well.
- Spread the word via your social media channels when you first launch the feature. This feature is a value-addition for your shoppers that helps enhance their experience of shopping on your site, and using your loyal shoppers to help spread the word can be incredibly effective. You could even consider a contests/giveaways for Wishlist actions that shoppers take and where they share that with their social circle
- Send out an email to your email list subscribers announcing the launch of the feature – highlight the key features and give them simple instructions on using the module.
- Send smart notifications to shoppers on your site based on their browsing history and usage patterns recommending the Wishlist feature
Swym Wishlist+ comes free with a rich dashboard that gives you deep insights into the engagement you are seeing for your Wishlist module. The Dashboard currently contains an Overall Metrics Summary screen along with the following 4 sections:
- Site Activity – Overview of session and device traffic to your site
- Swym Engagement – How your shoppers are engaging with the Swym Wishlist+ module
- Conversion Data – Conversion data for your site, both overall and Swym-influenced
- Identity Coverage – Data on anonymous vs identified user sessions on your site and how much value they drive
Technically, yes, you can use the Wishlist+ app if you have another Wishlist already enabled on your site but it will likely become very confusing for your users when they see 2 Wishlists on the site. If you are really keen on leaving your current Wishlist on the site and enabling Swym Wishlist+, we can help you with a custom implementation that allows you to integrate the two modules = – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to explore that.
There are significant differentiators that Swym Wishlist+ provides as an engagement module on your site:
- Unlike most other Wishlist solutions, Swym Wishlist+ does not require the user to be logged in to be able to use the feature. We believe the login barrier is a significant one and that its important to make it very easy for users to add products to their collections without being signed on, especially when they are on a mobile device.
- Swym Wishlist+ works across devices – your shoppers can access their Wishlit+ contents via your website on any of their devices and have access to their shopping history.
- Swym Wishlist+ isn’t limited to just a Wishlist – it helps gather the user’s entire shopping history on your site (browse history, products added to cart etc.) and organizes them in an intuitive fashion for the shopper to be able to easily access them later on
- The Swym Dashboard helps provide deep insights into your site engagement from a Products perspective and helps complement the insights that you get from your existing analytics tools like Google Analytics.
We’ve made a concerted effort to minimize the number of steps an admin needs to perform to get Swym Wishlist+ enabled on their site. Once the app is installed, you simply provide the following information to take the module live:
- A label for your Wishlist – you’ll want to choose a label that users will identify with your branding. Creating a cool and hip experience around your “wishlist” can help drive much better engagement over time, so please choose your branding accordingly
- Skin color for the Wishlist+ UI module – you could either choose the color picker we provide, or directly specify the HEX code for your desired color.
- Default site currency
- Position for the Swym Wishlist+ anchor button: This is a floating button that can be positioned in one of four predefined locations on your site (mid-right, mid-left, bottom-right, bottom-left). Alternatively, you could choose to add a custom anchor to your site instead of these pre-defined positions, or use your site menu to add a menu item and link it to the Wishlist+ module on your site (This blog post covers the menu option in more detail)
Once you provide these, simply click on Publish to take the module live on your site – that’s it!
The Swym Wishlist+ app is available for download via the Shopify App store. Simply click on the Get button on the page, provide your store information and the app will then install on your site. Once the install is complete, you’ll be redirected to your Swym Dashboard page to configure the module for your site.
You do not need to know how to code. The Shopify Wishlist+ app is a one-click installation that only takes a couple of minutes to add to your site.
Swym Wishlist+ is supported on all Shopify tiers. However, we require that you use a custom domain for your store – we are not currently supported on myshopify.com domain stores.
The Swym Wishlist+ app has a Starter Edition that is FREE, and always will be. We are also in the process of rolling out a Pro Edition with an even more compelling set of features that will be a paid app.
Wishlists allow shoppers to maintain curated collections of products that they are interested in but aren’t necessarily looking to purchase right away. Its important to recognize that shoppers might go through a long consideration phase before they ultimately decide to make a purchase, and having this curated list handy while they are in their consideration phase can be very helpful. They also serve as useful reminders when shoppers might have gotten distracted and forgotten to finish the purchase journey that they started on. Having a simple-to-use wishlist is critical to driving sustainable engagement with your shoppers.
From the e-commerce site’s perspective, wishlists also arm the marketer with powerful signals that reflect shoppers’ purchase intent and can be used to effectively target those users with relevant content, promotions etc. Also, from an ecommerce site buyer’s perspective, wishlists can also help provide insights on demand for various products and influence their purchasing decisions for the business.
Swym Wishlist+ is a Shopify wishlist app you can install on your site to provide your shoppers with a personalized shopping assistant module that organizes their shopping history for them – Recent browsing history, Wishlist and items they’ve added to their cart. The goal for Wishlist+ is to make it easy for shoppers to Pick up where they left off. As opposed to traditional Wishlists, Swym Wishlist+ doesn’t require users to be logged in for them to use the module.
Also, Wishlist+ is inherently cross-device and will allow your shoppers to access their wishlist contents on any of their devices while visiting your site.